Monday, February 14, 2011

53rd Grammy Awards Winners

Congratulations to the 53rd Grammy Awards Winners!
(Credit to the owner of the photos)


Album of the Year: The Suburbs- Arcade Fire


Record of the Year: Need You Now- Lady Antebellum
Song of the Year: Need You Now- Lady Antebellum


Best New Artist- Esperanza Spalding




Best Female Pop Vocal Performance: Bad Romance- Lady Gaga
Best Pop Music Album: The Fame Monster- Lady Gaga

Best Male Pop Vocal Performance: Just The Way You Are- Bruno Mars

Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals: Hey, Soul Sister (Live)- Train


Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals: Imagine- Herbie Hancock and

Pink

I've never heard of The Arcade Band! (Sorry to the fans out there) But I am sure it's not just an ordinary band otherwise their Album would not be chosen as the best among the rest.

I so like the song "Need You Now" even if it's been played at work like twenty times  (just exaggerating, hehe) during my entire shift five nights a week since this song became a hit.
 
Lady Gaga, oh my goodness, this lady is such a gaga in the truest sense of the word in  the way she dresses. Her ''out of this world'' outfits has always been amusing to me. I like her music too. She deserved the two awards she garnered.

Bruno Mars who's mom is a Filipina (my kababayan!) is another pride of the Pinoys. I heard that he is visiting the Philippines next month if my mind serves me right, for a concert in Manila and Cebu. Cool!

Like The Arcade Band, I am not familiar with Esperanza Spalding, Train, Herbie Hancock and Pink, sorry guys.

Congratulations!


1 comment:

  1. congrats to Bruno Mars! Woot! Woot! well-deserved talaga :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated so scribble your thoughts about this post. Thank you :)

This blog is protected

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected