Saturday, August 25, 2012

Thank you Lord God, I am still Alive!



My poor Yukon :( I will miss you!


I had a car accident yesterday on my way to work after lunch. I lost control of the steering wheel while  running the speed limit (70 miles per hour), trying to pass a car.

As what you see in the photos, my car is badly damaged. The autoshop mechanic said it can't be fixed anymore because of structural damage. He also mentioned that one of the tires at the back was flat.

By Holy God's MERCY, I only suffered a 1/3-inch shallow cut in my right hand caused by a broken windshield. I was alert and had presence of mind. As soon as the car stopped, I turned off the engine right away, looked for my cellphone to call 911 but I realized I need to get out from the car or else I might get suffocated. I was trying to open the back door when people started pounding the car looking for survivors. I was okay, I did not tremble nor panic. I was fine, in fact, the EMS staff did not even try to convince me to get into the ambulance service.

That time, my husband was at the house sleeping, he was too tired from working night shift, he didn't even know I was at the house for lunch and I did not disturb him. I don't usually go home during lunch time but I wanted to see him since that was his first day off after working 3 nights. I called my employer about what happened, called my friend Emy to ask for a ride home after the Trooper released me, woke my husband up, told him what happened and went to town to buy groceries with him afterwards.

Consequences are now coming into my head:  no car to drive going to town and to work, increase of car insurance, among others, but I am very very thankful to the Lord God that I am still alive after the mishap. I knew HE protected me from any harm that time, otherwise, I would have been dead. The people who witnessed the accident were amazed that I was fine and in good shape after what happened. I heard that just this week, in the same area, a car hit a horse and the driver got killed. And that two weeks before, there was a pedestrian who got ran over by a truck. I'm glad that I was alone and I did not hit a car, animal or human being, thanks God. 

I have never felt luckier!

Praise God! God is good all the time!

Thanks for dropping by.

15 comments:

  1. Lucky you. At least you're alright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am truly lucky. Thanks for dropping a comment.

      Delete
  2. Be extra careful all the time.. thanks be to God you're safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was scary! Good to know na ok ka!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! The car's a wreck. You really ought to thank God that He kept you safe despite that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very very grateful to the Lord for giving me another chance to live sis. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  5. Geez! That looks serious. I'm glad you're alright.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my God, that looks really bad. But yes, the important thing is that you pulled through with just a scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all guys for leaving nice words. God is really good all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the looks of your car, i'm pretty sure your guardian angel had a hard time protecting you. Kilala mo na ba siya?

    ReplyDelete
  9. By the looks of your car in the photo, i can imagine how your guardian angel held you and covered your body with his and sustained the impact to protect you. How else could you have walked away from it na 'wala lang, tumaob sasakyan ko eh, sige shopping pa kami mister ko, bah-buh'? Sakit siguro katawan ng angel mo ngayon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, my guardian angel must have been so badly hurt :(

      Delete

Comments are appreciated so scribble your thoughts about this post. Thank you :)

This blog is protected

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected