Friday, January 13, 2012

It's Raining Fish in Loreto, Agusan del Sur, Philippines!

The actual fish from the "rainfall"

Thanks to the owner of the photos:
Ms. Alicia "Inday" Angwas of Loreto, Agusan del Sur, Philippines

Few hours ago, I've read from a friend's wall on FB that there's something bizarre goin' on in Loreto, Agusan del Sur, Philippines. It says that people out there have seen fish falling from the sky, literally. That really scared the hell out of me! 

A former co-worker who lives there also posted the same. She mentioned that some fish have been put in the aquarium, meaning... they were alive and kicking when they fell in the ground! OMG! So I sent her a private message asking her how many fish they got. She replied, "more or less 100". OMG again!

I took it as some kind of a "warning" that the end of the world is gonna happen very very soon! But when I searched it online I found out that it had happened also in some parts of the world like Australia, Singapore, India, US (Rhode Island and Louisiana), England, Argentina, etc., throughout history. Pretty interesting!

Watch this video for scientific explanation about "raining fish" phenomenon. And according to Wikipedia, it's not only fish that had fell from the sky but also toads and frogs, animals like cow and birds,  jellyfish, worms, spiders, etc. Eww!

I wish I could experience this! I mean, the raining fish only (hehehe!) I would certainly clean the fish and cook them. But I don't know if I would eat them because I don't  know where they came from. How about you? What are you going to do when you "catch" fish from the sky?

Oh, by the way, I came from San Francisco, Agusan del Sur. And I've been to Loreto many times doing some field works as I worked for the Provincial government before.

Thanks for dropping by.

Til next time!


11 comments:

  1. Fish falling from the sky? ohh.. I do hope you can get the actual picture!

    Followed you sis :)
    http://crayonsandpensils.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is interesting ah! Lol. Thanks for sharing!

    Kim
    http://coffeewithkim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang dami! Pero di ko kilala ang mga fish na yan. Siguro ako ilalagay ko lang din sa aquarium pero di ko kakainin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me curious Bechay!

    following you back http://greenpease05.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be nice if they could identify what kind of fish are they, so we could have an idea where they came from, for me, it looks like fish coming from lake mainit... if my suspicions are correct therefore i can conclude that a tornado had occurred in that place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what kind of fish are they? if we get to know their specie then, we could have an idea where they came from, and probably that place must have been hit by a tornado.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ^Ladies, thank you for dropping comments. I appreciate it.

    To Pepe Dimasalang: Lake Mainit is very far from Loreto but it could be coming from there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope next time mag ulan ug ginamos! wahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. They were identified as small mudfish, most probably from the Agusan marsh or rivers nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you have some actual video ?? that it really came from the sky??

    ReplyDelete
  11. the fishes were identified as "halu-an" which were brought by a buhawi from agusan marsh

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated so scribble your thoughts about this post. Thank you :)

This blog is protected

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected