Monday, September 30, 2013

Finding the Hero in Us


"Find the Hero in you", says United Blood Services organization, where hubby and I have donated our whole blood in Reno today. It was unplanned but we were happy we did it. And we even agreed to donate blood regularly from now on. We can donate again after 56 days.

I learned that aside from whole blood, we can also donate our platelet and Red Blood Cells. And I also learned that a pint of blood will be drawn from you every time you donate blood.

It takes 10 minutes to draw blood from our body but the paperwork and "question and answer" portion process will take more or less 20 minutes.

Why bother to donate blood? My simple answer is: To help those who need blood. There are more answers here.

By the way, I would like to take this opportunity to thank the staff of Philippine Nikkei Jin Kai (Accounting Department), Davao City who donated blood for my daughter when she got Dengue 2 years ago. And most of all, thank you to my sister-in-law Helen who asked help from them, who also was taking care of my daughter that time. Thanks guys!

For questions, visit united blood services.org.

And thank you for dropping by :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated so scribble your thoughts about this post. Thank you :)

This blog is protected

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected