Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Forty Something Birthday Celebration

My Birthday cake and card from my bosses and co-workers

It was such a blessing when I woke up alive and kicking that morning and I was very grateful and thankful to the Lord Almighty.

Compared to last year, this year's birthday was just like an ordinary day because hubby was working nights and when he works nights, that means we would not see each other until his day off. He would leave at 3:00 o'clock in the afternoon, and I would leave at 7:30 o'clock in morning and hubby would still be driving from work that time. We would just wave to each other when we see each other down the road.

Anyway, the clinic was very busy because it was a "two-doctor" day, which means, my two bosses (eye doctors) were working at the same time. Each doctor has at least 18 patients not to include emergency patients. So imagine how busy that day was.

It was mid-day when my former Supervisor, Mr. Dave Kulsley (from The Winnemucca Inn and Casino) came in and greeted me "Happy Birthday!" I was very surprised! I remember when I was in the Philippines and celebrated my birthday with my family back there, I got a gift from him thru the mail. He was the most thoughtful person I have ever met in this foreign land. I gave him a hug and talked to him for like a minute or two.

That was when my co-workers knew that it was my birthday, hehehe! One of the patients gave me a dollar, according to her, in Michigan, the birthday celebrator would get a dollar then pin it in any part of her dress, then people would match another dollar (reminds me during a wedding, if you know what I meant, hehehe!) I did not pin it in my dress, we were too busy to do silly things like that, hahaha! But I told her and my co-workers that in the Philippines, we have this so called "Birthday leave" so we would not go to work and we are still get paid. They were like, "Wow, cool!"

Around 3:00 o'clock in the afternoon, the Office Manager brought a birthday cake and card but everyone was too busy to sing me a birthday song and I was too busy to blow my cake. Time has passed and we still couldn't get a chance until it was about time to leave. Everyone was exhausted and we decided to just put the cake in the refrigerator and we will deal with it the next day.

So the following day, before we did anything else, I was able to blow my cake after they sang a happy birthday song for me. We had a vanilla cake and coffee to start another two-doctor day. 

At lunch time, my friends Brenda and Rowena picked me up and took me to a Chinese restaurant as their birthday gift. That was so nice and sweet of them! Brenda gave me a birthday card with a very nice message. Brenda has been very good to me and she has not ever changed since day one of our friendship.

That's how I celebrated my forty something birthday :) Until now, I have not gotten anything from hubby yet, we'll see!

Thanks for dropping by!

This blog is protected registered & protected