Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My First DIY Project: Wall Decor Using Embroidery Hoops










Hubby and I just moved into our new home, and  we are still recovering from the big expense. I looked up on the Internet about wall decor that would not hurt my pocket. I stumbled upon this site. I liked the idea and style. It is unique and cute.

So I looked for embroidery hoops for sale from the same site but I was kinda skeptical to buy  because I did not know if that was I really wanted to do. Besides, embroidery hoops are kinda new to me. I gave it a deep thought and decided to try it. So when hubby and I went to Reno, I looked for embroidery hoops at one of the craft stores there but I did not find one so I thought to buy them online instead.

But before checking the site again,  my friend and I went to a local thrift store first (where I volunteered) and there I saw these gorgeous hoops in different sizes, very clean, and looked unused. I bought them right away. The biggest cost me $2.00, the next size was .75, the rest were .25 each. 

My next target was the cloth to use. The following week, while having lunch break at work, I drove to the same thrift store again (we have 4 thrift stores here), which is not that far from my workplace and I dug its craft room looking for some nice scrap cloth with nice prints. Then I saw pile of thick, floral printed cloth at the bottom of a big storage bin. All new. The sizes are uniform, like the size of  a standard pillow case. I think they were samples of a curtain, I didn't really know.

I only had $10.00 in my wallet. When I went to the cashier whose name is Maria, she was counting like, "1, 2, 3, 4 up to 7. So I thought a dollar each piece. In my mind, I was like, "Hmm. So I am not short of cash." Then I was shocked when she said, "The total is $1.75" with a warm smile. My mind was like, "awesome!"

So there,  I only spent $6.00 total for this project but it took me like forever before I got it done. It's all worth it though. When my friends came over to see me after the accident, they thought my wall decor is cool.

Thanks for dropping by.


3 comments:

  1. I love your DIY work! It's so simple but very victorian looking. Thanks for sharing it, it made me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty at very easy to make!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated so scribble your thoughts about this post. Thank you :)

This blog is protected

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected