Thursday, March 15, 2012

Beth by Kiss (Live)




I didn't know that there was a song entitled "Beth" until I stumbled upon this video. It made me smile because "Beth" is one of my nicknames :)

Anyway, according to Wikipedia, this song is sung by Kiss Band which was released on their 1976 album, "Destroyer". Wow, I was only 4 years old that time!

"The name "Beth" referred to by the song is, in reality, not the name of either of the two women that inspired the song. A bootleg exists of the song from 1971, but the song was sung "Beck, what can I do?" "Beck" was the nickname of fellow Chelsea member Mike Brand's wife, Becky, who would call often during practices to ask Mike when he was coming home.

"Years later, while in Kiss, both Bob Ezrin and Gene Simmons are credited for changing the song's title to "Beth," presumably to be more recognizable as a female name. According to interviews with Criss, around the same time, some of the lyrics were changed to reflect his wife Lydia Di Leonardo's lamentations that she missed him while on tour. So, the song is partly written to Becky and partly Lydia, though neither woman's name was "Beth" at all.

May I re-iterate: "So, the song is partly written to Becky and partly Lydia, though neither woman's name was "Beth" at all." Ouch! I thought it was dedicated to every girl named Beth. Hahaha! Well, as long as I have my name on it...

In fairness, Kiss received "People's Choice Award" for this song in 1977.

It's a beautiful song!

Just sharin'.

Thanks for dropping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated so scribble your thoughts about this post. Thank you :)

This blog is protected

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected