Friday, November 4, 2011

4 Steps to Aging Well



Hello everyone! This time I'm going to share the steps to aging gracefully which I have read from Vitamin World pamphlet.

"Age can be a confusing thing. Chronological age is determined by counting, but how our body experiences age is something else entirely. And while many people have dreamed of finding about Fountain of Youth, others know that lifestyle plays an important role in how we age."

1. Nutrition- One important part of lifestyle is nutrition, and there are several unique ways to use nutrition to affect the experience of aging. Taking in good calories, avoiding saturated fats, and drinking plenty of water will help your cells get off to a great start. and it is good for your skin!

2. Exercise- Moving your body at least 30 minutes a day helps keep your cells filled with oxygen. And it doesn't hurt the waistline either.

3. Pollution- As in "Cut the pollution!" Smoking, excessive exposure to harsh chemicals, and long hours in city smog can choke your cells and stunt their growth. Get outside in some clean fresh air and breath!

4. Supplement- use nutritional antioxidants to help your body fight off the cell-damaging free radicals that cause oxidative stress.

Okey, let me evaluate myself here.

I only have No. 2 and Nov. 4. I do exercise by taking a walk everyday as much as possible and by dancing , in fact, I have been hooked to Pussycat Dolls' dance exercises already. As to my supplement,  my doctor in the Philippines prescribed me a Vitamin E supplement which is Myra E.

I am poor in No. 1 because I always forget to drink water even if I have posted a "Drink water" post-it notes in my refrigerator door and in my dresser mirror to remind me to drink plenty of water.

No. 3? Nah. Hubby smokes a lot so I always get to inhale second hand smoke which is really bad for my health :(  He is one of the nicest people in the world  attitude -wise and I love him so much but I hate his smoking. That is the only thing that is wrong with him. The only freakin' thing. One time I told him that if the marriage won't last, his smoking is gonna be the only reason. I really mean it. Ssh.

Oops, I talk too much already :) 

I hope you learn from this post because I do.

Have a good one!

 

1 comment:

  1. may kakilala ko smoker din asawa niya pero sa house pag nagsmoke siya, sa kitchen lagi at iturn-on niya exhaust fan ng stove nila. =)

    pero now, bigla na lang hindi na nagsmoke, nadaan sa dasal, pero it took him years bago magstop.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated so scribble your thoughts about this post. Thank you :)

This blog is protected

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected