Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's Grandparents Day Today



I really didn't know that there is such a day as "Grandparents Day" until I've read it somewhere on the net. I asked hubby about it and he said he didn't know either. Ngeeh!! I learned that the Grandparents Day has always been celebrated every first Sunday after the Labor Day. Sounds interesting, huh?

Too sad that my grandparents on both sides are all gone :( I have never seen my grandmother on my father's side because she died when I was not yet born. But my Aunts said she was a very patient person and a loving mother to them. I only got to see my grandfather but my siblings and I were too scared of him because he was too strict.

My grandmother on my mother's side died 18 or 19 years ago and it was one of the saddest day of my life because I grew up under her care. My grandfather on the other hand, passed away only last year. I had a blog about his death. I was really devastated that time. I was not able to view him for the last time though I have seen him on his 95th birthday the other year during my visit to the Philippines. I am glad I have good memories in my heart that makes me feel better every time I think about him.

To all grandparents out there especially to hubby and to my mother, Happy Grandparents Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated so scribble your thoughts about this post. Thank you :)

This blog is protected

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected