Friday, July 2, 2010

Movie: Hot Tub Time Machine



First and foremost, I would like to say that I disliked this movie except for a few scenes. I know, this sort of a review is late already since this film had been released last March. I only have one word to describe it: Gross!

I am promoting this all the same because of a one very good reason.

Long before this film had been promoted and released, I've already heard about it and I was very excited in the truest sense of the word. The entire family and hubby's relatives and friends were excited too. And I had been promoting it to my family and friends in the Philippines even the movie was still on the "making". My gorgeous friend Vanessa promised to watch it with her hubby as soon as it comes out in the cinema. But after I watched it, I never mentioned about it to anyone no more, lol!

The very good reason  that I mentioned above is: My "Rockstar" stepson and his band appeared in this movie! Yay!

Here are some pics taken from the movie:


 



The plot of this movie is Winter 80's and it was shot in British Columbia. In the movie, there was a Winter fest Event and there were different activities held and one of the highlights was the Poison Band. My stepson has a Poison Tribute band in Scottsdale, Arizona callled "Unskinnybop". The producer found one of his band's videos in You Tube. I know for sure that it was the most unforgettable moment of my son and his band.

Watching this film reminded me of  my  high school days :D I thought 80's has the coolest fashion I ever remembered.

80's Hair: Rave (tons of it), Stick-up bangs, Multicolored, Crimped, Side Ponytails, Ultra-Teased, Platinum Blonde and Glitter.
For make-up: Vivid Makeup, Light Pink Lips, Glitter Colored, Blue Eyeshadow
For accessories: Plastic Charms, Hoop Earrings, Slouch Sock, High Tops, Puff Paint, Big Hair Bows
For Fashion: Tight Stonewashed Jean, Ray bans, Zippered Legs, 3/4 Length Legging, Scrunch Socks, Super Tight Minis, Tight Leather Pants, Bright Colors, Rolled Sleeves, Sleeveless Shirts .Etc.
One thing that made me smile was that, the late International Pop Star Michael Jackson was still "black" that time (it did mention in this movie :D)

Aside from the aforementioned nice scenes, the rest was dumb. I don't want to say another nasty word. That's all.

Lastly, below is the credit for my son and his band in this movie. Look for  "Poison" Tribute Band-Unskinnybop. The first name that appeared is his name. Pretty cool, huh?


Hey, for you to agree or disagree about this review, why not watch it yourself? :D Have a nice day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated so scribble your thoughts about this post. Thank you :)

This blog is protected

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected