I would like to share with you what I have tried and have tested these past few days about Baking Soda. I swear, it worked for me.
One of effective home remedies for acne is baking soda. Many people claims that it as an acne cure and an exfoliant. Some use baking soda paste for acne scars and red spots with success.
It is free of harsh chemicals. You can consider treating acne with baking soda as a natural remedy. Therefore, you can use it every day without causing any skin irritation. For exfoliation, it can get rid of dead skin cells.
If you have a sensitive skin, baking soda can burn your face. It can cause redness of the skin. So, don't use it every day.
For treating acne with baking soda, follow the simple instruction below:
1. Remove all your makeup with a gentle makeup remover.
2. Don't towel off your face. Let it wet.
3. Pour about three to four tablespoons of baking soda on your palm.
4. Add the baking soda with a teaspoon of water. Mix them together to make your own acne treatment.
5. Make sure the mixture is not too thick or too diluted.
6. Apply it on your dampened face in a circulation motion.
7. Then exfoliate for a minute and rinse your face with water.
8. Don't leave your skin too long with baking soda as it will leave your face with dryness. If this happens, then moisturize your face.
Some don't recommend to use it as a scrub. It should be used to exfoliate your skin. The main purpose of using baking soda is to remove the surface layer of cells that clog pores.
If you plan to use it as a scrub, add enough water to make the mixture looks like a paste. Massage your face with the mixture for ten to fifteen seconds and rinse. Unlike other commercial scrub, you should not feel any tightness and dryness with baking soda. Your skin should be soft.
However, there are some people who don't recommend using baking soda. It can damage your skin because it causes pH imbalance on your skin. As a result, it causes dryness and allows the bacteria to multiply.
Always keep a packet of baking soda in your home. It is a cheap cooking ingredient and it is available in most homes especially your kitchen.
Try it and I would appreaciate it much if you'll come visit us again to post some comments if it works on you or not.